Egyptian 1 Arabic: Dialects
This course is for you if you have completed
- Arabic 1 at Pacific Arabic, or
- the text Alif Baa at another school
The Egyptian dialect is widely understood outside of Egypt, due partly to the prevalence of Egyptian movies and music. Class time is spent primarily on conversation.
- "sun" and "moon" consonants
- pronouns: subject and possessive
- adverbs of place
- number: singular, dual and plural
- the imperfect tense
vocabulary / conversation topics
- greetings and introducing oneself
- countries and nationalities
- providing your address, giving directions and reading maps
- numbers: 1-9,999
- asking "how old," "how many," and "how much"
- making a telephone call
- age, size and weight
- occupations and places of work
- income and salaries
- family members and friends
The ability to read and write Arabic script is a prerequisite for this class.