Arabic 1 Arabic: For Beginners
This course is for complete beginners, or those with limited exposure to Arabic who are unable to read and write the language.
What You'll Learn
- Arabic alphabet: four of six sets (20 of 28 letters)
- reading and writing
- basic conversation
- long vowels, short vowels, shadda and sukuun
- taa' marbuuta and feminine words
- nouns: singular and sound plurals (human)
- case endings (al-i3raab): introduction to the nominative (ar-raf3)
Phrase sentence structures
- possession: "my" and basic idaafa
- demonstratives: "this"
- equational sentences
- verbs (present tense): live, work and study
Vocabulary & Conversation topics:
- greetings and introductions
- Arabic names
- subject pronouns: singular
- question words: who? what? where?
- vocabulary: family members, occupations and places of work