Arabic 1 (biweekly) Arabic: For Beginners
Our Arabic 1 class is presented in four weeks with more frequent class meetings. This course is for complete beginners, or those with limited exposure to Arabic who are unable to read and write the language.
What You'll Learn
- Arabic alphabet: four of six sets (20 of 28 letters)
- reading and writing
- basic conversation
- long vowels, short vowels, shadda and sukuun
- taa' marbuuta and feminine words
- nouns: singular and sound plurals (human)
- case endings (al-i3raab): introduction to the nominative (ar-raf3)
Phrase sentence structures
- possession: "my" and basic idaafa
- demonstratives: "this"
- equational sentences
- verbs (present tense): live, work and study
Vocabulary & Conversation topics:
- greetings and introductions
- Arabic names
- subject pronouns: singular
- question words: who? what? where?
- vocabulary: family members, occupations and places of work